7 DAY RENTAL**MUST CALL IN TO RENT *** DEPOSIT OF $400 WILL BE CHARGED
A problem guys have with changing out the OEM bushings is that they are pressed in at tremendous force. The current “go to” method of removing these bushings is: remove exhaust system, disconnect driveline, hydraulic brake lines, disconnect parking brake cables, and lower and remove the cradle from the car.
Then use one or more of the following techniques: torching, cutting, drilling, or hammering out the old bushings. Installing the new bushings is a simple task, but the thought of how much labor is involved to remove the original bushings is a deal breaker for all but the most serious of CTS/CTS-V owners.
At Creative Steel, we think that is a miserable, time-consuming way to achieve better vehicle performance. To assist our customers, we have made a tool that allows you to leave the cradle in the car, never disconnecting/removing anything but the exhaust; you are able to press the bushings out of the cradle with it still connected to the car.
This turns a dirty, nasty 8hr+ job into an easy 4hr job for someone unfamiliar with the task. No need to bleed brake lines, wrestle a heavy suspension system out from under the car, use a saws all as an automotive tool, breathe burnt rubber, nor have your car off the road for more than an afternoon.
The Subframe / Cradle Bushing Tool rents for $100 for 7 days from the day you receive the tool. Any additional days will be billed at $10.00 per day until Creative Steel receives the tool minus the return shipping time.
Deposit your credit card will be charged/authorized $400.00; this is for damages, missing parts, and/or if the tool is not returned. We will refund the total amount of the deposit if the tool is returned with in the allotted rental period, all parts are included and there are no damages. If there are missing parts, damages or extra days, we will refund accordingly.
- 15mm deep well socket or wrench – Exhaust and sway bar
- 18mm wrench – Toe rod bolt (sub-frame side)
- 21mm wrench – Toe rod nut (sub-frame side), Toe rod bolt (hub), Trailing arm nut
- 19mm socket – Wheels
- 21mm socket – Rear cradle bushings, toe rod bolt (hub), Trailing arm bolt
- 24mm socket – Front cradle bushings
- 22mm socket (only if you have our aftermarket grease-able trailing arm bushings)
- Swivel – Helps with trailing arm bolt on the hub (getting past the A-arm)
- Flat head screw driver – opening wire clips for wheel speed sensors
- Hydraulic Jack – Helps raising/lowering hub to reinstall/take off toe rod/trailing arm
**NOTE: Tools are for most OEM parts. The sizes may change depending on Aftermarket parts.
Time: For someone doing it by themselves for the first time, should take roughly four hours.
We built this tool to help our customers install our cradle/subframe bushings, you must have purchased/purchasing our bushings to rent this tool.